Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September 2, 2011

7 months!!!!!! I have been looking forward to this month since we were approved. Because the adoption process takes a lot longer than I anticipated and the wait times have changed, I have been saying we will get our little girl in 2 years for the past year and a half. This month was the month I could FINALLY say we will get her in LESS than 2 years. Unfortunately, although wait times haven't changed officially, a lot of people have been waiting now for 3 years. So I still may say "in 2 years" for another 6 months. I know some people criticize the wait time, and ask why it takes so long. The Philippines are very thorough in the paperwork and the children are really cared for in the orphanages. So when we are matched, I can be insured that the workers took time to match my daughter to our family and she wasn't ripped out of her birthmothers arms unwillingly. I can be insured she was meant for us :) So we will wait for her!!!

A few weeks ago, I was telling Jeff about a blue eyed, blonde hair 16 month old girl in the Ukraine that needed to be adopted and Austin was listening, and he said, "is she from the Philippines?" Me-"no..." Austin-"well my sister is coming from the Philippines." Me-"you may be waiting years for her, we could bring this little girl home in a few months." Austin-"I don't care. We can wait for her. My sister is coming from the Philippines." I love how invested he already is!!!!

So here are the fun things we did this month while we wait for our family to be complete.

The few days before school started, we took the kids to the Aquarium and the Zoo.





First day of school. My Kindergartner and 3rd grader!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment